If you are sensitive and you are inclined to give alot, you more then likely have had your boundaries crossed.
I used to have the worst boundaries and often couldn't figure out how to untangle myself from others energy fields.
Having healthy boundaries isnt something you're taught in school, it's a trial and error process navigating you're way towards having good boundaries with family and friends.
Relationships are tricky to navigate but the stronger the relationship you have with yourself the more tools we have in our tool box.
Everybody has had their boundaries crossed and everybody has crossed others boundaries.
When your boundaries are crossed we feel unsafe, we feel like we are not being heard.
when the boundary is violated in order to do harm or take advantage, then you’ll likely need walls, gates and guards.
HEALTHY BOUNDARIES allow you to:
• Have high self-esteem and self-respect.
• Share personal information gradually, in a mutually sharing and trusting relationship.
• Protect physical and emotional space from intrusion.
• Have an equal partnership where responsibility and power are shared.
• Be assertive. Confidently and truthfully say “yes” or “no” and be okay when others say “no” to you.
• Separate your needs, thoughts, feelings, and desires from others. Recognize that your boundaries and needs are different from others.
• Empower yourself to make healthy choices and take responsibility for yourself.
Here are some questions to help you gain clarity!
Do you sacrifice your plans and goals in order to please others
What do you value most about yourself.
How do you feel when your boundaries have been over stepped.
Post in the comments below about the insight’s you’ve gained.